Baker Academic

Monday, February 8, 2016

Thanks for the Great Conversation about Mark's Gospel: And Happy Mardi Gras!

Just a couple quick notes to everyone out there:

First, I wanted to thank everyone--especially Anthony and James--for their excellent posts and for the ongoing conversation about the identity of Jesus in Mark. I'm thrilled to be part of this blog and truly grateful for the discussion. So rich and stimulating.

Second, I'm sorry that I wasn't able to respond immediately to all the great comments on my original post about whether Jesus is merely a "human messiah" in Mark. I've been away at a conference for several days and needed a bit more time to read carefully through the excellent and thought-provoking comments. However, if you're interested, I've posted some brief replies to your comments on the original post.

Finally, straight from the heart of South Louisiana, I'd like to wish all the readers of the Jesus Blog a very Happy Mardi Gras. I'll be putting down the keyboard for a few days in order to spend time with family and friends and eat as much King Cake as I can before Ash Wednesday falls upon us.

Happy Mardi Gras everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment